Wednesday, October 27, 2010

how we roll. . lauren style. .

bam, i wake up, exactly 1 hour longer than what my alarm was originally was set for. hop in the magical water that falls from the ceiling we call the "shower." blow dry hair, curl hair, do the make up, get on my fancy clothes, put on my "these are not comfortable but i will suffer through the pain because i need to make a statement" heels. yes, i know all you ladies out there have those heels, you just wont admit the pain. someone says to you, "cute heels" your response is "awe thanks, and they are surprisingly comfy". . . you liar, they so are not comfy! a comfy shoe is like. . . a slipper or a flip flop, not a 3 inch stiletto heel.

anyways, re-looping back out of that rabbit trail. . .

so i get in my car and after stopping to say goodbye to nick and show him how "sophisticated lauren" looks, i took off, all by myself, to down town van-city. now, nick gave me great directions, that obviously looking at my track record in the past with following peoples' directions (or lack there of).  i should take these directions and actually use them :) but just like people in the past, nick's directions are great to a point and then they fail, leaving me to be creative and find my way around myself. now let's look at my driving patterns and mistakes and success....

#1- onto the freeway away from "the ridge" i successfully get to first ave (in vancouver)
#2- i stall my car on a massive hill in a ton of traffic . . . .panic settles in. . . . nerves take over and my feet start shaking. . . this makes driving a standard all the more difficult
#3- i turn off of first ave onto main, hoping to turn left onto georgia st.(as per nick's directions. .)
#4- you cannot turn left onto georgia (like nick told me to do) so i drove right into chinatown
#5- i turned on the next available street, went swinging back around down past the hockey stadium back up over onto a new street (sooooo confused by now) up over a hill into a construction zone. . . and finally!
#6- a street i recognized! yay! see? who needs directions when you have a high functioning brain like lauren raine, who is capable of finding a needle in a high stack? or should i not be so bold. . .

moral of this confusing and somewhat useless blog, i found the street i was looking for, walked for hours on cobble streets in 3 inch heels, had a great interview with two great girls from a law firm! i will find out next week what they've decided. i feel at peace about it regardless of whether i get the interview or not. the experience was well worth it.

i wish i could find my camera, i need to document these days. i must say a lil ol saskatchewan girl can get herself lost in this city if she isn't careful.
oh and did i mention it was +12 and warm and sunny today here? . . . i think that's my cue to stop writing. . .

more blogs to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment